The area is based on Gross Floor Area
This building cost calculator is based on single building rates provided by Andrew
Nock Valuers for the gross floor area of a building. The gross floor area is the
total of the fully enclosed covered floor areas of a building over all floor levels
measured. Measurements should be based on the external measurements of the building
that is including the thickness of all walls. In this building cost-calculator unenclosed
covered areas are not included in the gross floor area.
Building cost rates per square metre - a disclaimer
Estimated building costs only provide an indicative value of the likely cost of
rebuilding a building within that category. While a single rate does provide a reasonable
guide in many instances it should not be relied on to set a declared value or sum
insured for a building. It should be regarded as a reasonable test only. There are
a vast many factors which can influence the true replacement value of building.
Please note that the building cost rates do not include allowance for the following:
- External services outside 3 metres,
- External structures, i.e. balconies, verandahs, covered ways, carports, garages
- Furniture and furnishings
- Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Heritage issues
- Lead time for demolition, design, approvals, tender and rebuilding
- Legal and professional fees
- Loose or special equipment
- Plant and equipment not an integral part of the building
- Regional locations
- Site conditions
- Special design features
- Special fixtures, fittings, finishes
- Zoning restrictions
View a table of estimated demolition costs.
Obtaining an accurate valuation
Contact Andrew Nock Valuers for any obligation and cost free quotations and assistance throughout Australia by clicking here.